My autumn essentials…

Thursday 6 September 2012

Summer has made another brief appearance here in London this week so it feels a bit strange to be posting about my autumn essentials. Be that as it may, I have been lulled into a false sense of security by the weather here before and this time I am not falling for it – I am forging ahead with my autumn preparations despite the heat! It wouldn’t be autumn without chilly evenings spent under a fluffy throw on a snuggly armchair reading a good book, or devouring warming casseroles, or bundling up for a walk through the park. I’m also hoping to refine my baking and gardening skills and fit in a few pampering sessions. That should take us right into winter when the real hunkering down will begin! On that note, let me get back to the sun!

Untitled-1 (1)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 1o

8 comments

  1. sounds great. I've just arrived back in autumn and will try to do some of these things too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these - that chair is awesome. i work right above a bouchon bakery - oh the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take that comfy throw - ooo what is this John Lewis site and why don't we have it stateside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also look forward to snuggling up in a cozy chair when the weather chills and I sure wouldn't mind a soft fluffy throw like that one. Summer is hanging on in NYC as well so I'm just going with it while it lasts.

    Thanks! I'm doing better now!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pot really looks like you mean business! Also really love the Chanel colour you've picked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved the Mr. Bright chair from John Lewis for at least a year. SUCH a great piece. The artificial olive trees are sweet, too. We bought a real one a month or so ago, hoping I can keep him alive through the winter. Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've picked some great autumn choices Meghan - I particularly love the button back armchair, I can just imagine curling up on it with a good book and a glass of wine. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh that chair looks super comfy!!! Thanks for the intro to John Lewis ........ must me a UK thing? Love those mini olive trees too!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!