I was tagged by Colleen from Ordinary Tales for this random sharing episode so here goes….
1. Create a blog post including 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 random questions from the blogger who nominated you
3. Give this award to at least 5 blogs up to 11 and link to them in the post
4. Tell those people you nominated them
5. You cannot nominate the person who has nominated you
6. Remember to tag blogs with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts…
- I’m a compulsive list maker. I often write things down on a list that I have already completed just so that I can have the satisfaction of ticking it off.
- I can’t sing to save my life but I sure can bust a move or two (in my humble opinion of course).
- I have an aversion to ugly plastic-y things. Both Jordan and my work colleagues have become quite good at anticipating what items will offend me and hide them before I throw them in the bin.
- I love any kind of sports, beer, metal music and fast cars just as much as I love interior design, Prada, Florence + the Machine and Real Housewives.
- I once made the mistake of telling Jordan I was sceptical over the existence of dinosaurs.
- I had such an addiction to sweet things as a child that I used to eat Rennies in moments of sugar desperation.
- I have never seen the Lion King. I get tearful just thinking about watching it.
- I go into a sort-of trance like state when I do the vacuuming.
- I recently called my boss “babe” by accident.
- I have a not-so-secret crush on Phil Spencer from Location Location.
Questions to answer:
- My first pet: Tommy the Tortoise. He liked lettuce but wasn’t big on cuddling.
- My first love: cue the eye rolling and gagging noises, but I married my first love.
- Where else would I live besides here: the land of great design and deadly creatures aka Australia.
- Favourite and least favourite qualities about me: favourite = I am emotionally very strong (apart from the whole Lion King thing). Least favourite = my infamous temper.
- Red, white or rose: white!! I love the idea and sophistication of red but I have never been able to drink something room temperature.
- Favourite meal and where: oh gosh! Too many to mention but one of my most memorable dining experiences was in Prague. We ate Czech cranberry beef strew at a tiny hole-in-the-wall smoky bar with massive pints of Pilsner, watching the snow flutter down with the sound of the trams rumbling in the background. I relive it often.
- Top of my travel list: road trip around America.
- Favourite curse word: so many! I swear like a sailor! I probably say “twat” the most. Although you can’t beat a good f-word rant!
- If I could be friends with a celebrity, who would it be: hmmm this is tricky! Probably not very original but I love Gwyneth Paltrow (and we all know she has got one or two connections).
- Top five movies: Pride and Prejudice; Barefoot in the Park; Office Space; Man on Fire; Life is Beautiful – all random but all awesome!
- Favourite holiday: Christmas. I started my countdown 154 days ago!
11 Random Questions for those who wish to participate:
- What would be the first thing you would do if you found out you won the lottery?
- What’s your favourite city (even if you haven’t been to it)?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what?
- Favourite time of day?
- Do you prefer the beach or the forest?
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Do you have any phobias? If so, what?
- What’s your favourite dish to cook (if you cook)?
- How would you spend a spontaneous day off?
- Do you read magazines online or from the shops? Any favourites?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I am tagging the following lovely ladies: