Asian Sunsets…

Tuesday 7 August 2012

The final instalment of my Maldives adventure has arrived! The island we stayed on had 2 very different sides – the east side was far more sheltered and warm with clear blue water so calm that you could take your lilo out and float about all day (I did just that). The west side, facing the capital of Mali, was much more rugged with ever-changing surfing conditions. After spending a few hours baking in the sun or snorkelling with eels, brightly coloured tropical fish, reef sharks or rays on the east, we would retreat to the west and sit at the surfers bar watching the Aussie surfers flock to the biggest waves. It was also on this side of the island that we experienced our very first Asian sunset. I think a part of me will always be sitting on that deck, watching the fishermen and surfers go by with a bright orange sun setting in the background.

DSC03417SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCDSC04019DSC04061DSC03803DSC04097DSC03919SONY DSCIMG_7116SONY DSCIMG_6932DSC03475DSC03766DSC03768DSC03770DSC03787DSC03790DSC03930DSC03936DSC03879DSC03893DSC03900

All images via Wishful Thinking

14 comments

  1. Amazing! Is it wrong of me to be a bit envious? Beautiful pics and that sunset...WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really want to go! My hubby would be out with the Aussie surfers, but I would be quite content to sit back and watch. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a holiday and what an experience! Absolutely stunning pictures, thank you for sharing! / Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds amazing and the sunset is beautiful!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your trip looks so amazing. i've always wanted to go to the maldives and this is even more convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing trip :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Those pink/purple skies are just unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful. I love the shot of the bat :) I love those huge flying foxes or whatever they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got such clear pictures of the bat. There was one flying around last night while I was playing tennis and I'm amazed you were able to capture one in your lens like you did

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! The sunsets really do look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunset on the beach! So beautiful! All the photos are lovely, Meghan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so awesome!! Your pictures are gorgeous!! The last two of the sunsets just blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your comment.
    Wonderful photos!

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!