End of an Era

Friday 23 August 2013

It’s my last day of work today and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t just a tad emotional (ok, maybe a bit more than a tad). I have made some wonderful friends that I will miss for many years to come. I was fortunate enough to nab a job in Conservation Architecture and working in the UK, it doesn’t get any better than that. As with every job, I have had endless ups and downs but over the past year or so, the ups have far outweighed the downs. I’ll clock out and wave goodbye with a very heavy heart at the end of today.

I’ll leave you with some of my favourite site pictures at Hampton Court. I was lucky enough to help out on a site survey for every Friday for 6 months last year. These ancient roofs hold some of my favourite memories.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkigWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

10 comments

  1. Our first trip to England was when I was 14 (remember my mention of those gin and tonics. ahem), and we went to Hampton Court. I have just the best memories of it. I love your beautiful photos.

    This IS the hard part isn't it? Two worlds colliding. Thinking of you my dear. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times like these are always bittersweet. But before you know it, you'll be making new friends and memories in no time! Love that picture of you up on the roof. You remind me of a super-casual younger version of Mary Poppins up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must make it to Hampton's court when I move to London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, so happy! So high up! Only you could make a harness look so chic. ;) I don't want you to be too sad about leaving your job, because you'll always have the fond memories to carry with you. But you're on to bigger and more exciting things, and new coworkers you have yet to meet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, this made me heart feel so sad for you. so hard to leave things we love even when we know we are moving towards something we really want. it will probably feel really sad until you step on that sandy beach then you'll say "england? what? who?"

    that does sound like an awesome job, i didn't know you did that for work. oh man i wish i could go back in time and do-over my university degree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, nice pics! I have just discovered your blog and I like its amazing, Do you want to follow each other?
    Im starting to post daily and I would love to know your opinion, this is mine:

    www.mysticlipstickblog.com
    www.mysticlipstickblog.com

    Best Regards,
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great photos and truly what a bittersweet time. But there are more adventures ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I've just seen this post Meghan. Your Friday posts arrive late Friday night, and I try and keep the w/ends blog-free. I hope your last day was amazing, and not too teary. From what you've shared with us on your blog, your time in London has given you some incredible experiences. Sydney is so different - a whole lot of new and amazing experiences to come :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love the rooftops in London and you're so lucky to have pulled a real life Mary Poppins

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously - london is a great place for that job! stunning photos - i wish you the best on finding another wonderful job in sydney!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!