Castlenaud and Beynac

Tuesday 11 June 2013

I’m still having a hard time sorting through all of my France pictures, but something tells me that this blog might be dining off that trip for a little while yet to come! Today I wanted to share some pictures of our visit to Chateau Castlenaud and Beynac – both are very close to each other on opposite sides of the valley. Even though I knew the Dordogne was famed for its chateaus, I had no idea that there would be these huge Walt Disney-esque castles around every corner. I still can’t pick a favourite, but Beynac (in the last few pictures) always managed to get an ooh from me as we drove past.

Wishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful ThinkingWishful Thinking

All images via Wishful Thinking

5 comments

  1. They're heavenly! I completely get the oohs and ahs.. I can't keep myself from doing the same while slowly scrolling the mouse down from one picture to the next. Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, how gorgeous. I'm feeling the urge to hop on a plane and head to France myself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels like a complete fairy tale setting. Sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally normal that I teared up a little bit, right? That one shot of the street winding upwards and those cute houses with the pink flowering vines by the doors just pierced my heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so weird how I've taken those same steps ...... isn't Beynac beautiful? Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!