Idle Hands…

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Skona Hem Xmas 3 Image found here

Since I finished my interior design course, I have been itching to start a new project and learn something new. Since I spend a huge chunk of my time slouched in front of a computer screen, I am keen to do something that involves working with my hands. I have finally settled on something that requires me to get my hands dirty and caters for my almighty chair obsession – reupholstering! I’ve done a little research and thanks to amazing bloggers and tons of websites, there is a wealth of reupholstering info out there for amateurs like me.  Now just to find a chair with good bones that needs some love and care! Have you/would you reupholster something? If you have, what am I getting myself in for?

Here is my (ambitious) inspiration…

imageimageHousetoHome ArmchairSilver Side Tableimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Click on the image to go to its source.

10 comments

  1. wow! you are much more creative than i am. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have absolutely no idea what you're getting yourself into but it sounds fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how your project turns out!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great chair inspirations! Looking forward to see your projects!

    Have a great day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your inspiration! I would love to reapolster a chair with fun fabric, but the project feels overwhelming to me.
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea Meghan! How satisfying it would be to turn sad and unloved furniture into stunning new pieces. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always thought that would be an interesting thing to learn too. Loving the yellow with the two different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't but would love to, although I think it's pretty tough - especially with a patterned fabric. If/when I do, it will definitely have nail head trim which you showed several times. Good luck! Would love to see the progress on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, all of those pics are inspiring. I have a big weakness for black and white so I'm sure you can guess which is my fave. Have fun on your new project and I can't wait for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I've wanted to take a reupholstery course for a good few years now! So pleased and how exciting! Can't wait to see what you find :) x

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!