Every Little Thing

Sunday 22 March 2015

I’ve had some randoms sitting on my laptop that I wanted to share. Just some snaps taken in and around Sydney, things that inspired me - bits of history, interesting typography, some architecture. If you look close enough, Sydney has it all. And for those of you interested in cameras, these photos are au natural (i.e. no filters, no Photoshop, no Lightroom, nada) taken with my new favourite toy, the Fuji x30. It’s a compact point and shoot, never far from my handbag, suggested to me by my favourite lady-in-the-know, Lauren (and gifted to me on my birthday in Bali last year). Blogging initially piqued my interest in photography so we bought some cheap kit and then seemingly overnight, what was to become my hobby, became Jordan’s instead. I still love to take photos but the fiddly expensive SLR is far better suited to someone with more passion and patience than me. Don’t get my wrong, I still love to take photos but I’m all for convenience and simplicity. Now instead of being left with empty hands and a spectacular view, I get to play around with my fun Fuji (hands off Jordan Smith).

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

Oh, and it looks pretty stylish too!

Wishful Thinking - Randoms

All images via Wishful Thinking

4 comments

  1. Loved Sydney I think is just the perfect blend between a modern and cosmopolitan city but with a touch of victorian style. And you should try a bit harder with that camera the pictures are really cool.
    xo
    www.city-aholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good camera to document all that life has to give. Enjoy! Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Lauren and her wonderful photography tips - the pictures came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh HOORAY! I am so glad you are liking that little Fuji! I was just thinking of recommending it to someone else, so I think I'll point her toward your blog. She has a dog watching business so she needs something compact and EASY, but she's ready to move beyond the phone.

    I love these random snippets of Sydney. They all "go" together, does that make sense? I don't know if it's the architecture or the tones or just your eye, but it just feels cohesive and lovely. And then boom, there's you! I love it. Happy Lauren. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!