Autumn Cravings

Monday 16 March 2015

I’ve been a slack tourist lately – spending far too much time cooped indoors lazing in front of the television or hunched over a laptop screen. I’m shamed to admit that my camera and walking shoes have been relegated to the depths of my wardrobe. Although I am catching up on heaps of work and rest, it’s made me a boring blogger. I promise to rectify this situation soon, but in the meantime, can I placate you with some show-stopping interiors? This Gothenburg apartment made me sigh out loud with contentment. As the weather starts to turn in Sydney, I find myself longing for cracking fires, leather armchairs and snug rugs under my feet. I’m particularly drawn to the natural, earthy colour palette paired with that clean and crisp Swedish light.

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Wishful Thinking - Gothenburg Apartment

Source | Nordic Design

4 comments

  1. I do like the lightness of these scenes. Refreshing in the winter months, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so drawn to Swedish homes. They certainly know how to handle their lack of light and maximize those short hours don't they? Our days are growing longer as yours grow shorter, so light is creeping in here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I especially like that there are a few metallic touches, I really like the mix of textures and shades, while still keeping the palette simple. And I really, really want one of those copper pendant globes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of those light fixtures. And I'm looking for those types of nightstands exactly

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!