Summer Ready

Wednesday 5 November 2014

I'm losing the battle to have a perfect summer haven on our balcony. For whatever reason, our little suburb of Sydney has bore the brunt of the spring storms. Plant pots are repeatedly smashed, soil then turns to mud and everything is covered in a fine layer of building dust from the development next door - oh and should I mention the colony of moths that have taken up residence in every nook and cranny and scare the bejeezus out of me when I water the plants. But I continue to persevere - every Saturday I plump the outside cushions, sweep the dust and try (in vain) to rescue the plants I continue to viciously murder with my black thumbs. In a perfect world, it would look a little something like this...

4 comments

  1. I had the hardest luck with balconies. And gardens. Until I gave up and put Neel in charge of the yard. It's much better now. I sit in the chair and sip my wine or tea or other elixer and he putters and potters and everybody is happy! Spring will give way to summer and hopefully the storms won't be so blowy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to say my balcony looks picture perfect but in reality, it looks nothing close to that. I keep having stray cigarette butts dropped onto it from the upstairs neighbors too. So picturesque right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we're gearing up for winter! Wish I had a home in each hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Tolix stools are in my list.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!