The Tree Thief

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Eucalyptus – decidedly Australia. Surprisingly scarce. Well for me anyway. You know just before you travel somewhere new and you formulate an image of what this place will smell like, look like and feel like in your head? And then you get there and can’t quite remember what you had pictured as those images become replaced by the real thing? The image that formed for me of Australia, was one of Eucalyptus. Great big bunches of them. Imagine my disappointment when I realised that it’s actually quite scarce in Sydney. I’ve only come across one tree on my jogging route – I hastily backpedalled, wondering if I was allowed to pluck the braches off. Probably not. I settled for a couple of stalks which kept our bathroom smelling gorgeous for a whole week. Would we be committing some unthinkable crime if I got Jordan to drive me to our running park in the dead of night so that I could lob a sizeable branch off (taking care not to damage the tree)?

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

Wishful Thinking - Eucalyptus Love

| Click on the image to go to the source |

4 comments

  1. I can get them in craft stores here. They do have quite a fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, but probably hard to get over here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, is it a rural Australia type of thing then? I would have thought they would be everywhere as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... So interesting. I have just recently realized how much I love eucalyptus. I have it in three different vases in my house right now. Even knowing the answer, I asked Neel if he thought we could grow it (no). That silvery green and delicious scent. Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!