A Whole Year

Monday 1 September 2014

The older I get, the more life seems to speed up. Can you believe that it’s been a whole year since this happened? I remember lying on that air bed, watching all my savings exit my bank account, leaving my job, handing over the keys of our beloved car and rental home just like it was yesterday. I remember all the kind words of encouragement as self-doubt and fear began to creep in – and oh boy, did we need those words. It’s not been an easy road, this journey to settling in Aus. We’ve had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It’s been the toughest year of my life. And that’s totally to be expected. I wouldn’t change a single thing. Australia is an incredible country and every day, we feel so lucky to be able to call it home. As I sit and type this, I am surrounded by boxes as we begin another leg of our journey to a new home (hopefully for a bit longer this time as I am sooo DONE with moving), we have possible career changes, big travel plans and even bigger life plans on the horizon. Somewhere in between, life will settle down for us and I’m hoping I can find more time. More time to dedicate to this corner of the internet that I love so much. More time to enjoy this amazing country. More time to just be.

I had a really hard time narrowing down my favourite photos over the past year, but here is just a taster. Make yourself comfortable!

IMG_0350

IMG_0478

IMG_0890

IMG_0905

IMG_0856

IMG_9852

IMG_8104

IMG_8571

IMG_8594

IMG_8607

IMG_8639

IMG_8679

IMG_8745

IMG_8748

IMG_8784

IMG_8809

IMG_8811

IMG_8242

IMG_7664

IMG_7672

IMG_7721

IMG_7723

IMG_7812

IMG_7831

IMG_7847

IMG_0223

IMG_0103

DSC02608

IMG_9662

IMG_9672

IMG_9723

IMG_0795

Images | Wishful Thinking

8 comments

  1. You guys have been having SUCH a grand adventure this year. If anything, they'll be good stories for later right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pics. I'm sure the last year was rough, but probably also very rewarding, no? to many more big adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that was already a year ago. The photos are beautiful and even if I didn't read that line on your post, the images show that you've found a home in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A YEAR????? I can't believe it. I'm actually kind of stunned. I think if you'd said 6 months, I'd have believe that, but a YEAR? I'm excited to hear about your new house (and all the fun things you bought!), and I loved seeing all the pictures from your past year. I never would have been able to pick a favorite either. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are adorable!!! So much fun and boy did it all go so fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your blog now for a few years but have never left any comments. Today for some reason I felt I had to say how I admire your spirit, determination and bravery to follow your dreams. Your recent hard times will all now be worth it and you can feel proud. Thanks for your blogs, you have maybe just inspired me to get up and make more of this life. Enjoy this new chapter and keep blogging! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joolz. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Truly made my day! Sometimes blogging can feel a bit anonymous so it's always wonderful to hear that there are people out there reading my corner of the internet, and even better to hear it inspired you. I guess I needed a little reminding about how much I enjoy blogging and why I started doing it in the first place so thank you!

      Delete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!