Fishs Eddy

Friday 21 October 2011

I was told that a trip to New York wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Fishs Eddy. One word: AMAZING! I have a ‘thing’ for dinnerware so it was kind of like my version of heaven (even Jordan kept the feet shuffling and sighing to a minimum). Does anyone know if there is a similar store in London – it would probably make my year if there was!? I took some photos but I didn’t manage to get everything I liked so I put together some of my favourite items from their online store. And that’s it folks, that concludes my unforgettable trip to New York. I hope that you enjoyed listening to me prattle on for a week and that I haven’t managed to bore the crapola out of you! Have a fabulous weekend all!

IMG_5688IMG_5695IMG_5693IMG_5694IMG_5692IMG_5701IMG_5702IMG_5700IMG_5699IMG_5690IMG_5703IMG_5691IMG_5698IMG_5697  Images Via Wishful Thinking

Untitled-1_edited-2

1. Skyline Glass; 2. Alice in Wonderland Salt and Pepper; 3. Honey Jar; 4. Pitcher; 5. Butter Dish; 6. NY Times Crossword Glasses; 7. Bouillon Spoon; 8. Bowl Gift Set;  9. Dorothy Glass; 10. Floorplan Dinner Plate; 11. Skyline Matchbox

17 comments

  1. Those colourful mugs are so cool, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plate with the floor plans on. Ive never heard of this shop & I am afraid I have no clue if there is anything similarin London sorry. Id love to go to New York its on my list of places to visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, fishes eddy is awesome. glad you discovered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yes please! That stuff is beyond awesome!!! Pretty sure you can find just about anything in there! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you are the second person to talk about this place in the blogs I follow this week. I could get lost for days in here! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just discovered your blog and I'm loving it! Can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that store is AMAZING, i'm way too obsessed with dinnerware and serving pieces, i check westelm.com almost twice a week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great store! I just discovered your gorgeous blog through one of my favourite blogs 'Gild & Grace'. I have just tried to sign up as your latest follower but it's not showing at the minute! I look forward to popping by for some more inspiration!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun store. But, on the weekends, it can be a mad house! (looks like you lucked out though) Love the items you've picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just been catching up on all of your New York posts. It looks like you had an amazing time away and I am very jealous!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great store! So many awesome stuffs! Love the floorplan dinner plates, what a clever idea!

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the honey jar and the floorplan plate..very cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of this place but have never been. It looks awesome! I'll be sure to make an effort to find it on my next trip. So glad you enjoyed NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just went through all the NY photos - that was a good dose! It's great that you had such a wonderful time.

    I need that butter dish no 5 in my life! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can i please have #5?? i sort of have an obsession w. green jadeite!! i love all of your favorites!!
    xx ~ kristina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Around 10 years ago there was an American home store ( various shops throughout the capital )that sold this tableware in London. I believe it was sold off to some stationary firm but thankfully not before I had purchased some of the Manhattan plates at the closing down sale.
    What I do now is persuade friends and family members to bring me back an item at a time when they visit NY.
    I now have quite a collection but it's taken a while.Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  17. If all else fails, Fishs Eddy ships internationally!

    By the way, your blog is really cute. Hope you had a great time in NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!