Backyard Adventures

Wednesday 29 October 2014

When we received news that our Australian visas were granted last year, the first (of many) major worries was where the hell would we stay when we got there. We knew almost nobody, had never visited before, were jobless and had few precious dollars in the bank account. Many evenings of fraught research later, we came across a little studio above a garage in Maroubra on Airbnb. This little studio quite literally saved our bacon. Being affordable, close to the city for commuting to interviews and hosts with insider knowledge gave us the best possible start to our new lives in Sydney. Airbnb is now my first stop when we need somewhere to stay. Your choice is endless, your options are affordable and in my experience, your hosts are always friendly. If you have never used it before, I urge you to give it a go. If you need any motivation, take a look at this cute little 60s camper located in the Nashville backyard of J. Wes.

Here is the listing on Airbnb – but I found the original post here on Remodelista

5 comments

  1. I need a quiet weekend in that camper. Just by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love AirBnB! We've used it in Paris, Rome and on the Amalfi Coast. It's my go-to whenever we travel. And I adore that camper! It's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable. And I might have to make a trip to Nashville now - so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoot! i WANT this camper. i really WANT it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how fantastic. adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!