Orchard Keepers… has a nice ring to it

Monday 17 March 2014

I feel like I have been saying this A LOT lately but thanks all for your words of encouragement. I am sure that once I have finished battling through the inevitable adjustment period, I will stop being such a whiny little bitch (uncouth but true). To help hurry along a zen-like state, I have been massively indulging in all the things that give me the warm and fuzzies. Chocolate, wine, magazines, Real Housewives [of Melbourne] and Pinterest. The first four have just served to expand my waistline and rot my brain but I have long since been peddling Pinterest as educational and motivational. Really, it is. I sometimes delude myself into thinking that I am so good at it, that I could probably do it professionally (incidentally, if there is anyone from Pinterest reading this…call me, let’s talk). But I digress. What was I saying again? Oh yes, Pinterest. I recently stumbled across something called “Orchard Keepers” and you’d have to be dead inside not to want to investigate a name like that. Want to see what I found? Think white painted cladding, bare light fittings, polished concrete kitchen counters, grey linen sofa slip covers and subway tiles. Yep, you heard all that correctly. Now go swoon.

Orchard Keepers 19 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 20 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers LivingRoom  | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 14 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 18 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 17 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 21 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 15 | © Sharon Cairns | Est MagazineOrchard Keepers 23 | © Sharon Cairns | Est Magazine

Source: EST Magazine | Photography: Sharyn Cairns

10 comments

  1. Oh lordy, swoon is right! These images are stunning. I'm lousy at Pinterest; clearly, I need lessons. And I think I need you to come and find me a house or help me build one? 'Kay? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different tones of wood. Chocolate,wine,and magazines sound perfect. Unfortunately, I haven't had the first two in a really long time. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep indulging and enjoy this transition time if you can. I am just loving your posts and am happy you're back. You've got such great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this! The tiles in the kitchen, the sink, the black work space....:) /Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, wow, stunning. what a find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am DOWN with those bunkbeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grounds look so serene (and beachy!) Really loving the kitchen back splash too- always a fan of a bold graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly gorgeous pics. Funny how I thought "orchard keepers" would be showing oranges growing from trees (haha).I LOVE a'' the details in the interior, looove. Glad ur curiosity won ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, this is just stunning. i want to be an orchard keeper too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i go to the same things for comfort, too. hope today is better and if not, that you're enjoying some wine + chocolate + real housewives.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!