The Tourist

Tuesday 27 September 2011

New York_edited-1NY images found here, here, here, here and here.

No not that stupid movie. Se moi! It’s now matter of hours (ok days) until I touch down in New York. Since we plan on doing a lot bit of shopping, I am having to be a savvy packer in order to leave enough room in my suitcase. Sightseeing tourist clothes are difficult to pick out, you want to be comfortable, warm/cool and stylish for all your touristy photos. My essentials are comfortable shoes (I find Converse the best and most lightweight), a smart jacket for throwing on for dinner, a comfortable slouchy backpack and very comfortable jeans, coat and t-shirt (note the emphasis on comfortable!) What are your tourist essentials?

The Tourist Outfit_edited-2Jacket; top; backpack; scarf; jeans;  coat; belt; sunglasseswatch; camera; shoes

11 comments

  1. So jealous, have an amazing time in new york!
    Converse would be my choice for footwear too, can go with anything an comfy too!
    Do lots of shopping!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. always good to pack a duffel bag to take all your new things back with you. love that cape you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting id love to go to New york I am very envious. although i am presently counting the days until i go to florida in October so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that navy cape - I would love to travel around and be a tourist in that - or let's be honest, I would love to meander around my own city in that!
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am so excited for you!!! I'm going in November and I can't wait! Just take your time and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With that outfit, you'd make an awesome tourist! My tourist essential is always a camera and a bikini. Nothing sucks more than being at a beach without a swimwear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, time sure is flying, is it NY time already?!!

    By the way, I haven't seen that 'stupid' film ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have all my essentials... especially a scarf because it can look any outfit look more dressed up when you're sitting down dining

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree on the scarf - that's my must have when I travel - great when cold on a plane and adds so much style to the simplest outfit AND it's small to pack! Have a BLAST - I have had so much fun shopping in NYC. I found that because of all the great up and coming designers there, the prices were very competitive so it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love those parisian striped shirts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the pieces that you have picked! You must be so excited!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!