Ready for employment

Monday 16 September 2013

It’s funny how we seem to spend most of our working lives complaining about all things work-related and actually having to work. And then suddenly when we find ourselves out of work, we can’t wait to get back into it again! I spent the majority of the weekend prepping for the world’s most scary interview that I am due for in a couple of hours. It’s been so long since I interviewed but from memory, I am totally crap at it. I consider myself to be a fairly confident person, a go-getter of sorts but in an interview situation, I get that dry-mouthed nervousness and either go quiet or talk a mile a minute. I have that stomach churning, shaky hand feeling (I’m eating dry toast this morning and that’s about it). It’s early days so I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself but I’ll keep you posted either way! Since I have got offices, interviews and employment on my brain, I thought it would be good to post one of my favourite offices of all time. The Jute design studio in Mill Valley has got it all for me. Stunning natural light, beautiful timber elements and militant organisation. I can practically feel the productivity levels through the computer screen!

Jute-Home-Remodelista-Mill-Valley-vintage-stoolsJute-Home-Mill-Valley-Remodelista-Tolix-ChairsJute-Home-Shelving-Remodelista-Mill-Valley-officeJute-Home-Mill-Valley-Remodelista-office

Images by Drew Kelly, via Remodelista

16 comments

  1. I love an inspiring work space, those big baskets are fantastic. I hope your interview went well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true! Funny how that works. I wish you good luck in your job search. Job-hunting is probably one of my least favorite things to do EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Is it over by now? I'm thinking of you! Update! Update! And yes, best offices...those photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do fine. If my office looked anything like those offices and less like a cubicle landscape in the sad world of corporate America, I might actually look forward to going to work everyday! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck meghan. or i hope it went well meghan! i am not sure which to say now, probably the latter. hopefully fate will intervene and you will get whatever job is the most perfect for you in the land of oz (soon of course:)).

    love this office space. oh, i need a space like this. i am sure i could a million times more things done in a day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We know you'll land something soon; if you had moved to CT, we would have hired you in an instant! But then again, you'd be heading into fall instead of spring... Beautiful office images - so wish ours were like that. Hang in there!
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an office I'd feel good coming into work to every single morning. Best of luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Hopefully you'll be in a space similar to the ones you've posted. I would die to work in one of these spaces!!!! Will be thinking of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh I know that feeling! I'll be thinking a good thought for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the interviews - I don't think they always bring out the best in us! I love an inspiring work space especially when it's super tidy too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative work place. All the best on the job interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the job-hunting. I am stalking to hear good news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your interview went well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry I am weeks behind, my September was a blur with lots of work and my family visiting. Hope the interview went well. I know the feeling, interviewed for the first time in years this spring and was a nervous mess. My fingers are crossed that you will find something soon!

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!