Stockholm – The Classic Tourist Shots

Tuesday 30 October 2012

I’m hoping you aren’t sick of Stockholm yet because I have but more photos to purge today. I like to think of these as the classic tourist shots –  which include the charming tiny streets of the Old Town in Gamla Stan and the views of Skeppsholmen from Östermalm (more on Skeppsholmen next week). One of the most fantastic things about Stockholm is that you are never far from the water, therefore never far from a spectacular view… and they get better by night! Although a lot of Stockholmers questioned why we timed our visit for the start of winter, I was so grateful that we did. Autumn was well underway and golden trees lined just about every  walk we took, it was also so quiet that at times, it felt like we had the city all to ourselves. Ah, I miss it already!

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCDSC08157

All images via Wishful Thinking

15 comments

  1. I've never been to stockholm, so I like the tourist shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your blog is really a delight to see everyday. Aha-- Laduree :) Beautiful pictures, they make me want to get plane tickets to go to Stockholm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeeeep! I love the colours in all of these shots and it was fun to see you pop up in one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT WAIT WAIT! Stockholm has a Ladurée? brb, booking a flight asap! I love your shots. I think my favorite thing is how ornate and formal all the buildings look but how sleek and white and modern most of the interiors are (if interior magazines are to be believed).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos by the water are so beautiful, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous place! I love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fall is really beautiful there.. not like our 'second summer' at all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tired of your pictures!!! I hope nobody is tired of my France pictures!!!! Great pics and what a fab pic of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful city, the architecture is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are such gorgeous pics!!! i can't wait to get there and this made me more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so gorgeous, I am hoping to visit soon!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love playing tourist - sometimes there's nothing better than wandering around, enjoying the architecture and snapping away. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved joining this tour! Beautiful scenes everywhere. That small Laduree delight! And the red bike pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay. Deep breath. I just can't look at these too closely because we're anxiously awaiting word on an impending trip to Sweden this spring. Will we go? Fingers crossed. Cross them for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I clicked on this again because it looks like a trip to Uppsala is in our sights for next June and I wanted to stalk your Stockholm photos, and look! I'd already commented. So I had to wait three years, but maybe this time we'll get to go. I'll anxiously await all your tips! I think I'd like it in any season.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!