The standing jeans…

Friday 4 November 2011

Yesterday morning I got up with bravado and decided to wear my ‘standing jeans’ – you know the ones I’m talking about? The ones so tight that you have to undo the top button to sit down (and then forget that the top button is undone and proceed to have a long conversation with a work colleague with your top button undone…. oops). Or the ones that are so tight that you have to lie down to take them off? After 10 minutes of shuffling, squeezing and cursing to get the jeans on, 5 minutes later they came off again! I am so over discomfort! This winter, I have decided that warmth and comfort takes precedent over everything else! This doesn’t mean frumpy or unflattering outfits, just something cute that preferably I can breath in.

The staples: slouchy stocking cap, high winter boots, enormous woollen scarf, striped long sleeve t-shirt, tailored yet relaxed jeans, faux fur vests and belted cardigans seems to be on my radar. Here’s my inspiration:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

image 

All images via Pinterest – click on the image to go to the pin.

15 comments

  1. Oh I love all these images, especially the first one it looks so perfect!
    There is nothing more uncomfortable than forcing yourself in to a pair of jeans! You feel not right all day.
    I'm definitely with you on Winter cosy's!

    Abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the 'standing jeans', I know them. Haven't worn them in some time. At least in the cold season the comfortable chic takes over. :) Have a wonderful weekend, Meghan!
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I want every single one of those outfits in my closet! Loooove this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Too-tight jeans are the WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call those "standing room only" pants. Love these outfits. They look coooommmfyy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh, yes and yes. love all of these. it will be my uniform this winter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these images! I just adore Winter fashions. Heading into Summer here in Aus and I can't help but feel a little sad to be putting all my scarves away...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your inspiration photos - so chic and comfy at the same time. I totally know what you are talking about with the "standing jeans" - I always want to undo the top button when sitting, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! Def need to lose a few lbs before I fit into my pairs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all your choices here. Sydney from The Daybook has great style. I really like the outfit in the 7th photo - she looks really warm but still cool & classy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank god you came to your senses girl, why on earth would you keep a torture like that in your wardrobe?!!

    hope you're enjoying a wonderful Sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all of this winter fashion inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These outfits are absolutely gorgeous! I'm finally moving comfort up higher on my list of style priorities -- and I'll have to come back to this post for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thank you for the laugh and the honesty. I'm pretty sure we all have those jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!