My 2015

Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year everyone! Hope we all celebrated in style? I am generally very anti NY celebrations (they never turn out the way you plan and it always seems to be a palaver to get from A to B, safely) but I happened to have a good evening this year, in spite of myself! I try not to make any resolutions, as I generally break them by the end of January but given my adoration of list making, I decided to make a few goals/milestones that I would like to achieve in 2015.

Travel more. 2014 wasn’t uneventful for me on the travelling front but no matter how much I see, I always want to see more. We are planning to make a big dent in seeing this vast land we live in but are also hoping to see Fiji and Japan too.

You are constantly daydreaming of where you will go next. | 31 Signs You're A Traveler At Heart

Start driving again. I am ashamed to admit that after I passed my driver’s test, nerves got the better of me and driving is now something that fills me with abject terror. I’ll conquer my fear and get back behind the wheel again. Mr Smith, please keep moaning at me about this on long car journeys (even if I shout at you). Thank you in advance.

Love

Learn how to paddle board. (A silly goal I know) but an unusual one for me as I am someone who dips their toes into the water and that’s about it, but there is just something so peaceful and alluring about paddle boarding to me. Watch this space.

#rubag summer. Sunset and sunrise paddleboarding. Water. Beach. Sports. Love.

Be more zen. I want to start taking better care of my body. I know everyone makes and breaks their fitness resolutions but my goal isn’t to become super fit and lose weight (although that would be a bonus). It’s more to learn to relax, unwind and build a healthier body and mind. I started doing yoga for the first time in 2014 and it has been life changing. More of the same for 2015 I hope!

10 Fat-Burning Yoga Poses https://www.traiborg.com/profile/yogaaccsess

Explore more of Sydney. This goes hand-in-hand with travelling more but I have spent many weekends indoors in front of the tv when I should have been out discovering more of the city I live in. I have only just scratched the surface.

Balmoral Beach, Sydney & a pretty bike //

Challenge myself. I am determined that 2015 will be a year of learning and development for me. Whether that be by study or by a major career change. Whichever one comes first…

40 Best Nursing Quotes on Tumblr: http://www.nursebuff.com/2014/08/nursing-quotes-tumblr/

Call more. More often than not, I find myself preferring to hind behind a screen when communicating with those I hold dear. I am pledging to swap texting and emailing for a simple phone call instead.

Seeing an iconic British telephone booth makes us daydream about taking a trek across the pond for a visit! #travel

Be more productive. Perhaps the hardest goal yet. I think if I had to add up the number of unfinished tasks I have started over the past year alone, I would have a heart attack. It’s multi-tasking gone mad. I hope to be less frenetic and more efficient and most importantly, finish what I start!

Free Printable Things to Do List -- love the way it looks when it prints too! general to do list

See a wombat in the wild. Those close to me have watched on in amusement at my relentless pursuit to see these little cuties in the wild (it has become nothing short of an obsession for me). But alas, they have eluded me time and time again. Not 2015 though, oh no. I will see one, even if I have to make my long suffering husband drive around country roads all night while I hang out the window with a torch.

Still want a wombat!  Baby wombat at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in Tasmania's South.

And lastly, I have a few things I would like to do less of – sweating the small stuff, spending time in front of screens, being less aloof, drinking far less; but I know I will fail miserably at all these things. So I have chosen one simple thing to do less of in 2015 – buy less. Here’s hoping I follow through.

Buy Less Choose Well

Click on the images to go to the source.

And that’s it for me. Feel free to call me out if you notice me contradicting any of the above throughout the year. How about you? Do you have any resolutions/goals for 2015?

4 comments

  1. These are some great things to lead you forward in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I used to do a list based on the year, so this year would be 15 in 15 for example, but I just don't feel up to it this year for some reason. But I love lists too, so I've been thinking... And paddleboarding is on my list too! I'd love to be just a bit nearer the water (we're walking distance to a river, but half an hour to the ocean) to make it easier.

    And I want to get better at self-care too. Not self-indulgence, but I could stand to take care of myself better than I do, for sure. Those seem like pretty decent goals, just like yours. Here's to a stellar 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this list is so wonderful and i think many of these reflect my goals for the year too. learning is a big one and considering i signed up for some classes (for the first time in forever!) i think that one is covered. being more mindful of my body, and even paddleboarding (though it's not officially on my list. i think it's the one 'sport' i might be able to do!). happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a damn good list. And tell me when you go to Japan - it's on my list! Let me know if you ever figure out meditation. That's probably the hardest one for me. PS have you read A Tale for the Time Being? Christine recommended it to me and it's a goody

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!