Even though summer has alluded us in the UK once again, I am determined to banish my winter coat to the doldrums of my wardrobe and break out a pair of shorts. It’s a brave thing to do with pale (and probably goose-fleshed) legs but you can’t deny the summery beauty of a simple pair of cotton or denim white shorts. Wish me luck!
Thursday, 30 May 2013
My two biggest Pinterest boards belong to fashion and kitchens. I am not sure what this says about me (probably that I am a sucker for fashion and kitchens!) I could happily spend every day browsing through kitchen eye candy (wouldn’t we all?) So I was really excited to come across these beauties on my recent internet travels. Manufactured by the Italian company the Marchi Group, these kitchens are handcrafted by expert craftsmen using the latest technology. I immediately fell in love with the unusual combination of both industrial and traditional elements.
Images via Pufik Homes
Wednesday, 29 May 2013
Want to know what’s on my mind? RAIN. I have not had an escape from it for almost 3 weeks now. I am starting to question whether or not you can really be driven mad by it!? For those of you living in the UK, you might want to look away now as I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that we are in for another cold and wet summer. *Sigh* And we were all filled with such hope! But chin up people, because that is what the interweb is for. Over the next few months, you can count on me to fill your screens with sun-drenched beach cottages and the like. Let’s get started with a little log cabin (with a distinctly coastal feel) located in Bahia, Brazil. Want to know the crazy facts? It’s only 45m2 and took 3 months to build!
Tuesday, 28 May 2013
- I’m back, but only just functioning (we drove over 1300 kilometres in 1 week… enough said).
- I have exactly 749 photos to go through and edit.
- I’m having a seriously bad hair-day/week/month.
- I am now carrying about 2 kilos of extra weight courtesy of mini saucissons, croissants and vast quantities of wine.
- I have not forgotten to share the exciting news, I’m putting a post together as we speak/type.
- I have not forgotten about your blogs and can’t wait to catch up on all your news throughout the week.
- Thanks for bearing with me and my nonsense posts. I’m working on a few decent ones to make up for it.
Here’s what I got for you so far…
Our little studio
The weather… it rained and rained and rained… every day
How the French roll
There were chateaus a-plenty
The views weren’t bad either
We sampled the local produce… obviously
The view on our morning run
We capitalised on the sunshine
We made friends with the locals (and guardians of the wine)
I discovered my husband has an obsession with taking pictures of moss. It’s a little bit weird.
More to come!