Exit through the gift shop…

Thursday, 26 April 2012

Up until recently I avoided gift shops at museums and galleries, thinking they were filled with silly mugs and overpriced stationery, but this opinion suddenly changed when I visited the Maritime Museum in Greenwich a few weeks ago. Initially I was lured in by vintage travel posters I could see from the outside, but it soon became apparent that they had a huge variety of awesome travel related goodies (my favourite kind of stuff)! I instantly fell in love with the clever airmail inspired designs of the Paper Planes products. I’d never come across them before so I googled them only to discover that they do a whole range of really cute luggage tags, handbags, purses etc.  Aren’t they sweet?

Paper planes

1. Purse; 2. Purse ; 3. Passport Holder and Luggage Tags; 4. Compact Mirror; 5. Passport Holder; 6. Make-up Bag ; 7. Satchel; 8. Washbag

8 comments

  1. unfortunately museum's shops have improved a lot. these days it is really dangerous for me to go in. it's just too tempting. love the Greenwich Maritime Museum. I didn't go for the longest time because I thought it would be, well, boats and stuff, and boring and all, but it's actually reall interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun finds. I particularly like the purse and make up bag. And I love old vintage travel poster, sounds like a cool gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, these are lovely! I enjoy gift shops, there is a lot of tacky stuff, true, but you usually find great things too. xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that stuff is cute!! Did you end up buying anything?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very cute! Thanks for lovely comment on my blog:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what lovely finds. I really love the satchel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always been fascinated by museum gift shops, even as a kid. Loved when they offered replicas of the ancient Egyptian jewelry I saw in the exhibition before but my parents would never buy me any. Would probably haven't worn it anyways. But those travel goodies I would totally snatch up for myself. The passport holder and the washbag are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finds! I love maps of any kind so that satchel would be my pick.

    ReplyDelete

Go on! Leave a comment - you know you want to!